Tuesday, February 1, 2011

more domesticness

Ok, I promised I would share a few of some yummy dinners I made last week. One is healthy, one is not I'll let you decide which is which ;)


Alice Springs Chicken
This is the rip-off of an entree from Outback Steakhouse. It's my dad's favorite thing to eat when he goes there and decided to make it one night. (Ya, he's pretty awesome.)
You will need...
  • chicken breasts
  • bacon
  • mushrooms
  • swiss cheese (that's what we used. It is yummy but I'm sure any other cheese would be fine)
  • honey mustard (recipe found here) 
(There probably is a set recipe but we just make it according to our wants/needs.)

Cook your chicken and bacon. Saute the mushrooms (I cooked them with a little bit of Worcestershire sauce to give them a little flavor. After everything's cooked, and your honey mustard ready, take the chicken. Brush each piece with a little bit of honey mustard. Put desired amount of mushrooms on top of each piece. Top with bacon and a slice of cheese. Set the oven on broil. Leave chicken in there just until the cheese is melted then let cool and enjoy. Use extra honey mustard for dipping. Delish!!!

Next up is Tuna Burgers
You will need... 
  • 2 cans 7 oz. tuna, drained
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, yellow or corn
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning
  • vegetable oil for frying 
In large bowl, combine tuna, eggs, tortilla chips, cilantro, bell pepper, lemon juice and taco seasoning. Stir well. Divide mixture evenly and shape into 4 patties. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add tuna patties and saute for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve on toasted hamburger buns with shredded lettuce, mayo and salsa. 

1 comment:

  1. Both of these sound UH-MAZING. Not exaggerating. That is exactly how I pronounced the word to myself as I considered how great these will taste when I make them in 0.3 seconds.

    ReplyDelete